Saturday, September 24, 2011

A beautiful and productive week on the farm.

It's harvest time at the farm - probably my favorite time - except for spring!  DS and I spent a day in the garden harvesting squash, tomatoes, swiss chard and potatoes.





DH spent the day planting the 4 apple trees and 2 pear trees that we purchased a few weeks ago.  We decided to wait for the weather to cool down to plant them and today-was-the-day.



We used the red-neck method of drip irrigation for each tree...a pail with a hole in it!

Did I mention how much I love fall...and dear Hubby for spending most of the day digging holes and for agreeing while he was still working on this project to build me a greenhouse...I am a blessed woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the family - join the conversation - share your own adventures - I LOVE comments!