Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas 2012 at Shalom Engedi Farm

The old barn door.


The Christmas Tree 2012

I love oil lamps.

Rusty Cookie cutter - rust rocks!

These beautiful crocheted snowflakes were a gift from a friend when we first got married.  I want to make more for next year.

 Some of my favourite yard sale finds are old tart tins that I re-purposed into ornaments.

The Christmas Village has found a new place in this home but it's been part of our Christmas traditions for many years.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it all looks so "gezellig" if you know what I mean!!! We got an 8 foot tree spruce out of our own woods yesterday as per tradition!!
    Love your blog!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline - there's no higher a compliment than gezellig (meaning cosy, homey, friendly, comfortable for those who are not versed in Dutch culture!) I can just imagine the tree in your house. I have such fond memories of spending time there with your family! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and original love the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks annnightflyer :) Hope you're enjoying your preparations for the holidays!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and Happy Sinterklass (which is today!)

      Delete
  5. Your tree looks lovely. I especially like your creativity in repurposing those treasures into Christmas ornaments! Homemade ornaments are the best!
    A lighted Christmas village always looks so peaceful and serene, just like Christmas should be......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks grammom! I pray it will be peaceful and serene in real life for all of us :)

      Delete

Join the family - join the conversation - share your own adventures - I LOVE comments!