Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Eldery Neighbour Lady



I wonder WHEN it will feel real. I can't wait to wake up on a bright spring morning curled up under the blankets and open my eyes to find myself in my new home. Of course in my dream there aren't boxes and BOXES of stuff to be unpacked - maybe just a cup of tea beside my bed :)

How many more days Lord??? I have asked that question almost every day for eleven years. How many days?

The reality of my day today is washing windows and vacuuming up dog hair from every crevice of the carpet and communicating with lawyers and real estate agents. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to go through this process besides just getting it over with ONE-DAY-AT-A-TIME.

I chatted with an older neighbor lady this afternoon and broke the news that we will soon be leaving the community we have lived in for the last 20 years. She said she would be sad to see us go. She has been very lonely in the past few years since her husband died. In the back of my mind I was worried about leaving her without someone close at hand to call if she needed help. GOD IS SO GOOD he knew exactly what she needed. She was listening to a multicultural program on the radio in the language of her native country a few weeks ago and they made mention of the name of her first boyfriend from over 60 years ago. She was able to track him down to a nearby city and they have been in contact ever since. I teased her today and sang - Maria has a boyfriend - she laughed and laughed!!! I don't think she is lonely anymore! Great timing!!! Isn't that AMAZING!

Now to decide what to do with 25 cans of leftover paint and all the food in my downstairs pantry. I just don't want anyone to think I am preparing for the end of the world. Maybe I'll stick with my standard answer: Do you know how much teenagers EAT?

My long-awaited adventure of God-proportions continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the family - join the conversation - share your own adventures - I LOVE comments!